Monday, April 18, 2016

12 Pieces of Advice from NAMA 2016 Student Mentor Luncheon


I just got back from an inspiring week at NAMA 2016 in Kansas City and have so much to blog about. To keep myself from writing a novel, I'm keeping this blog post short. One of the highlights of NAMA this year was the Student Mentor Luncheon. Along with five other students, I met Dave, Carrie and Hannah who took the time to share their wisdom with us. Here are quotes that really hit home for me:

1. "It's not what you know, it's who you know." - Carrie

2. "Don't limit yourself." - Hannah

3. "Influence the influencer." - Hannah

4. "A portfolio is huge." - Hannah

5. "Passion is something you can't fake." - Hannah

6. "Look for ways to give back. Stay connected." - Dave

7. "Have a robust social media presence that's professional." - Hannah

8. "Don't be afraid to take a chance. Put your idea out there." - Carrie

9. "Seeking out and keeping in touch with mentors is important." - Hannah

10. "Challenge the status quo. That's our job." - Dave

11. "Learn about yourself. Knowing who you are helps you work with others." - Carrie

12. "Ask questions in an interview." - Dave

I'm so thankful for the chance I had to meet Dave, Carrie and Hannah. I know their advice is something I can apply to my life for years to come. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. You got a really useful blog I have been here reading for about half an hour. I am a newbie and your post is valuable for me.
    parking in Atlanta

    ReplyDelete